Sunday, January 06, 2008

20th Century Artifact of the Day

Today's Parade Magazine insert in the Sunday paper has a very nice article about Benazir Bhutto and how she might be America's best hope in Pakistan - 10 days after she was assassinated.

Online Parade explains that the assassination occurred after the print magazine went to press and has some links to a slide show and to Gail Sheehy (the writer of the article) talking on cable tv.

I understand that getting Parade printed and distributed to papers around the country is a huge undertaking, but 10 days still seems like enough time to figure something out. Hmmm.

5 comments:

  1. Unbelievable!! Just proves that there is some good is almost everything. What better visual aid to use when explaining to students and others that there is a better way.

    Keep up the good work. I've linked to you on my blog.

    http://stephensteachingworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing!! They could at least have attached something to the Parade Mag or scrapped it all together. I looked in my paper (St. Paul Pioneer Press) in the section where they make corrections to see if there was anything there...nothing. I thought it was tacky. The Parade website sounds like it could be interesting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The manufacturing guys over at Evolving Excellence have some comments on how long publication lead times created the Parade fiasco with the Bhutto article. Interesting about how the digital files are created in India and the publication outsourcing demands.

    http://www.evolvingexcellence.com/blog/2008/01/parade-bhutto-a.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to share with me my post. I go to college full time and just happened to come across your video from my instructor. It's quite amazing I am so happy I found you though. Truly amazing!

    http://kailasmommy.blogspot.com/2008/01/what-can-i-say.html

    ReplyDelete