Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thank You

Well, this is an awkward post to write, but it would also feel ungrateful if I didn't write it, so here goes. Thank you to Edublogs (and Sue Waters) for all the work that went into the awards, Elluminate (and Steve Hargadon) for hosting the awards ceremony, and the folks that nominated and voted for this blog for the Edublog Lifetime Achievement Award.

It seems a little strange to get a "lifetime" achievement award for a blog I've been writing for just over four years and that started simply as a way to continue the conversations in the staff development efforts in my school. As I've said a couple of times before, it's an honor just to be nominated, and what I like best about the Edublog Awards is being able to look down the list and find some folks that I hadn't been reading before.

When I look at the list of nominees, particularly in the Lifetime Achievement category, I see so many folks who've inspired me and have been my teachers, so it was really unexpected to get this thing. I think the fact that I "won" over those folks illustrates how suspect the results are. (While I don't necessarily agree with the category even existing, or believe the results are valid, you better believe I'm going to rub it in to Will every chance I get.) So I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone who's contributed to my learning throughout the past four years and I appreciate you putting your ideas - and yourselves - out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment