Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Transparent Algebra: First Week

So my Algebra blogging has been taking up what little "extra" blogging time I have, but here's the summary of the first week of Algebra: I'm rusty. So far I've over-planned (or underestimated the amount of time things take, depending on your perspective) every day. I guess the good news is that I don't think I've done any irreparable harm to my students. (I think.)

Day 1 - Saw them for 10 minutes before the Freshmen class meeting. Pointed them to the blog to get them started.

Day 2 - Mandatory Math Department Skills Assessment

Day 3 - First real day of teaching. Probably had about 130 minutes of material for a 59 minute class. Oops.

Day 4 - Did better on the timing, but still too much material.

My class only meets four days a week (MWRF), so that was the first week. Feel free to follow along on Transparent Algebra if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment