James has tasked his students with contacting folks in a profession they'd like to pursue and asking them a few questions about their use of mathematics in their profession. Here are the questions they are asking:
- How do you use math in your profession? Outside of your profession?
- Are there any experiences – academic or otherwise - that particularly helped you learn and apply math in your profession?
- What specific advice would you give to someone thinking about entering your profession if they want to help prepare themselves in the best possible way?
- Knowing what you know now, what would you have done differently as a learner?
- Please add any additional comments or questions that you feel you would like to share.