Monday, October 31, 2005

What about colleges?

Several folks have wondered about where colleges are going with these new technologies. If you have the time, here is an excellent example. The following link is to a screencast that spends a lot of time talking about podcasts and blogs. It's 65 minutes total - but you can skip around and view what you want. It's professors from Drexel and Bryn Mawr presenting at Villanova. The examples are from Chemistry and Writing classes, but I think it's applicable to all of us and to where our students are going. If you get a chance, I think it's well worth your time to listen to some or all of it.

http://showme.physics.drexel.edu/bradley/DrexelCoAS034-Villanova.html

Here's an update on how it's going from the professor: http://drexel-coas-elearning.blogspot.com/2005/11/archived-lecture-update.html

1 comment:

  1. I took a look at the different chemistry blogs. These were great references and I got some good ideas about things to do with the chemistry classes. I think that the reference that I looked at about attendance and the podcasts was very interesting. I cannot wait until we learn how to do a podcast.

    ReplyDelete